Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Download Links not readable

ShowfomShowfom New
edited September 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
http://vanillaforums.org/get/vanilla-core.zip

not readable

I can't download it, please check the server.
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Options
    UnderDogUnderDog MVP
    edited September 2011 Answer ✓
    They probably tried to migrate the addons site to a new server again. Here's a tip. It's a bit difficult, but you can get the files this way.
    Click on the "Download Now" button and then press the escape key on the screen that comes next. You will see this text:
    Your download should begin shortly If your download does not begin right away, click here to download now. Need help installing this addon? There should be a readme file in the addon with more specific instructions on how to install it. If you are still having problems, ask for help on the community forums.
    etc, etc
    When you click on the "download now" link you will get your file.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

Answers

• Options
    I'm having the same difficulty; I'm looking to replace bbPress with Vanilla, since I haven't been pleased with the decision to turn bbPress into a WordPress plugin, but this may not bode well...
  • Options
    @mark_m please give it a little time, the problem should be fixed easily

• Options
    edited September 2011
    Downloading addons raise the same "not readable" comment as of today.
  • Options
    Any update, and what causes the problem?
  • Options
    Dang I wanted to try getting this as a form that is mobile ready would of been perfect for my needs but if I can't download it I can't use it.

so the problem is not fixed yet.
  • Options
    Same... and its been a while
  • Options
    It was fixed two days ago i thought i dont need to report it any longer. But it has stopped working again.

Is it really that hard to fix?
  • Options
    UnderDogUnderDog MVP
    edited September 2011 Answer ✓
    They probably tried to migrate the addons site to a new server again. Here's a tip. It's a bit difficult, but you can get the files this way.
    Click on the "Download Now" button and then press the escape key on the screen that comes next. You will see this text:
    Your download should begin shortly If your download does not begin right away, click here to download now. Need help installing this addon? There should be a readme file in the addon with more specific instructions on how to install it. If you are still having problems, ask for help on the community forums.
    etc, etc
    When you click on the "download now" link you will get your file.

• Options

I'm experiencing this issue with file attachments on my forum now - has anyone reported a fix for the issue?