Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Feature: Messages?

DirtyDogDirtyDog ✭✭
edited August 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
On my hosted Vanilla test forum there is a feature "messages". You also see it on this forum. Is that a plugin and if so what is the name of it? I searched for messages in the addons section but didnt find it.
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    Considering this is clearly a feature of both the hosted packages and this site, one would think this would be a very easy question to answer.
  • Options
    You mean personal message?
  • Options
    The feature called exactly "Messages" (as per the admin fuctionality at vanillaforums.com) and also seen at the top of this page http://vanillaforums.org/discussions
  • Options
    ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    Messages are a core feature of Vanilla and have been available right from version 2.0.
  • Options
    In the hosted version dashboard under Appearance I have the following items:

Homepage
    Banner
    Themes

In the downloaded version I have
    Homepage
    Banner
    Themes

How do I activate or access the messages part of the dashboard in the downloaded version?
  • Options
    Good question... I have Messages in my dashboard. What version are you running?
  • Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin
    The admin user (the one who installed Vanilla) should be able to see it, or anyone with the permission Garden.Message.Manage.
  • Options
    DirtyDog did you find a fix I have the same problem...

Messages is not on my list
  • Options
    It's an application, not a plugin. For some reason I'm finding that disabling it doesn't make the 'inbox' in my menu disappear.
  • Options
    No I never found a solution. I don't see it in the application list either. I'm hoping the next release will fix this and a variety of other problems I'm having.