Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Change the Way Facebook Interprets Titles

edited October 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
When someone uses the share button to post to Facebook, it generates a tiny url instead of posting the page title. How do I get FB to generate the page title?
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Options
    camocamo New
    edited October 2011 Answer ✓
    Mine seems to be working ok, I get

Kids having Fun at A reptile Party, Camos Reptiles! [non link title/description I used]
    [image from discussion here, also linked to discussion]
    Reptile Party 8th Oct Happy Birthday Jaydon! [this is a link to this discussion]
    www.camosreptiles.com.au

I did have a like button in the top of my main page for the page itself but i noticed it screwed the plugin so I removed it.

Answers

• Options
    camocamo New
    edited October 2011 Answer ✓
    Mine seems to be working ok, I get

Kids having Fun at A reptile Party, Camos Reptiles! [non link title/description I used]
    [image from discussion here, also linked to discussion]
    Reptile Party 8th Oct Happy Birthday Jaydon! [this is a link to this discussion]
    www.camosreptiles.com.au

I did have a like button in the top of my main page for the page itself but i noticed it screwed the plugin so I removed it.
  • Options
    I don't have a like button at the top of my page either. I don't know why, but this happens on all of my Vanilla forums. Even just copying and pasting the link doesn't work.