Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Documentation or Instructions?

zodiacdmzodiacdm
edited August 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Was wondering exactly what this does. It seems to be a 'pages' application with a bit more user friendly interface. I am running into errors, thus I cannot test it.

Allow me to list the errors that I seem to be running into. I am guessing that you are working with some kind of library that is not included with your standard php stack.

First, call to undefined function SplitUpString in class.hooks.php on line 46.
I believe a simple $RequestArgs = $Sender->RequestArgs; would accomplish what you are trying to achieve. If not, php has a split() function. I'm not sure where your function came from.

Second, class 'TreeModel' not found in class.sectionmodel.php on line 3.
This happens when I try to view 'sections' or 'add a page'. I didn't dive too deep into the code yet to figure out if this was simply renamed or is missing.

Third, call to undefined function LocalizedOptions() in update.php on line 27.
This happens when I try to 'add a chunk'.

The code seems to be pretty in-depth. I can't wait to see a finished product! Hope this helps.

Tagged:

Best Answers

Answers

• lucluc ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    They are 2 requirements listed.
    Did you meet them?
  • SS ✭✭
    edited August 2011 Answer ✓
    @zodiacdm
    This application has dependency: UsefulFunctions plugin. You installed it?
  • zodiacdm is right . i too installed usefulfunctions plugin (latest ) and then enable this plugin . It shows three option under plugin-application but it still not working completly.
  • Ah, whoops. I must have missed that. I just downloaded it and it's working now.

This changes my plans a bit, then. I had been working on another application, although with different purposes, though I had included similar functionality (not nearly as user-friendly)

I only did this because there was not anything like your plugin available yet. Now that there is, I can remove this cumbersome functionality, though that means a significant modification to my current code...

I suppose then I should announce what I am working on so that we are not all doing double work :)

I am still confused a bit about how this all works, though. Perhaps you could add some simple information or instructions to the top of the administration pages?

Great work. Look forward to seeing what can be created using this application. :)
  • vanillervaniller
    edited August 2011
    I installed UsefulFunctions plugin and activated it, Installed Candy app, and I have only 3 menu Items, but its not work correctly - after click on any of them I see: "Page Not Found The page you were looking for could not be found"
    I'm using Vanilla 2.0.18b2
  • I installed UsefulFunctions plugin and activated it, Installed Candy app, and I have only 3 menu Items, but its not work correctly - after click on any of them I see: "Page Not Found The page you were looking for could not be found"
    I'm using Vanilla 2.0.18b2
    same problem
  • i have latest vs of useful functions enabled and when i try to enable candy i get error

'Fatal error: Call to a member function PrimaryKey() on a non-object in /mysite/myforum/applications/candy/settings/structure.php on line 39'
    i am using latest vanilla Version 2.0.18rc2
  • tannerctannerc
    edited October 2011
    is there anyone using this addon successfelly? if so, would you kindly help and explain how you got it working?
    it appears t be full of great possibilty but update after update there is NO real help from the developer == other than "They are 2 requirements listed.
    Did you meet them? yes and yes.
    but no dice. dude u have a bunch of really cool looking addons that scream with potential for my fourms ( and probaly others - if you dont want us to use them why post them publicly or if you do.. please help us unlock the potential. please.
  • No disrespect but to be honest if this developer isn't up to responding with anything other than the equivalent of a grunt then it's probably best to hold off until s/he does.
  • No disrespect but to be honest if this developer isn't up to responding with anything other than the equivalent of a grunt then it's probably best to hold off until s/he does.
    no disrespect but i am simply asking for help with the intention of using a developers plugins- which seem interesting and potentially very useful for my forum- if i dont ask how will i know?
  • i have latest vs of useful functions enabled and when i try to enable candy i get error

'Fatal error: Call to a member function PrimaryKey() on a non-object in /mysite/myforum/applications/candy/settings/structure.php on line 39'
    i am using latest vanilla Version 2.0.18rc2
    I have the same problem

I edited the Line:40

"->Table($SectionModel->Name)" to " ->Table('Section')". Its successfully installed however, I'll try to add Page but it doesn't work.