Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Using a different user database for the forum?

edited September 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I am currently using Joomla CMS on my website, basically all my users will be on the Joomla database. For the forums, I don't want people to have to register AGAIN since the forums will be integrated into the main websites template.

Is there a way I could disable the forum registration and use my Joomla registered users instead? That way they don't need to register twice.

Note: Its sorta like a Social Networking site, like facebook with a integrated forum.
Users would message through the forum or use any features like User CP on the forums, mainly because its already on the main site, they will use that instead. So yeah its just like Facebook.
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    Look into the single sign-on documentation. There are methods to get it to use your existing database, I think it will then create an account for them automatically if they don't have one.
  • Options
    ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    Just to add to Xaraxia's suggestion. The single sign-on that we are going to be pushing the most in the future is jsConnect.