Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Can't enable plugins

dnigrindnigrin
edited December 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

I just upgraded from 2.0.16 to 2.0.18.1, and all seems well. But in the Dashboard, I cannot seem to "Enable" plugins, e.g. Vanilla Statistics, or Split/Merge. When I click Enable, I see the little progress indicator, then the page redraws, but still no Enabled status. Ideas?? Thanks in advance...

Best Answer

• ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    Answer ✓

You're going to be having the same problems as described in this thread.

Answers

• TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff

Is your config.php writable by the webserver/php process? Try CHMOD it to 777 to test.

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]

• Thanks for the quick response - it seems like it's writeable, but my site is on a hosting provider that I currently only have access to via a GUI interface. The tools they provide there show that it should be writeable. I think you're probably right though - I see a ton of new .tmp files in my conf folder now... It's an IIS server, if that makes any difference.

• ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    Answer ✓

You're going to be having the same problems as described in this thread.

• Thank you, yes, that seems to be the problem! Looking forward to the 2.0.18.2 then...

• ZwillaZwilla New
    edited June 2015

me too 777 it's the solution for the moment, but does it matter for the future?

Edit: It enable it, but some seconds later the plugin is automatically disabled again?