Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Listing of users?

edited August 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Please excuse the newbie question, but I can't seem to find any info on this. I am wondering if it is possible to display a directory-type listing of all users, which would be visible to all users, with each user name linking to that user's profile.

Thanks!
Tagged:

Answers

• Given that I can't find any info on this, I think it is not possible, but am trying one more time to see if anyone can give me any info on creating a directory of members.
    Thanks.
  • Hi,
    Start to create a new application "userlist",
    the doc is here
    http://vanillaforums.org/docs/appquickstart

i tried clone skeleton and do what the doc says, but without success

if you are able to display an hello world, say it ;)
  • The slightly annoying part of all this is a user list is available in the dashboard under "users".

The guts of the code is in this php file:

vanilla\applications\dashboard\views\user\index.php

A patient person could probably modify it and re-write it to suite their needs.
  • is this what you guys are looking for?

http://pinoyau.info/plugin/BrowseMember/
  • edited December 2011

speaking of the BrowseMembers plugin,
    i found a nice fix for making more than just a - z availible as browsable member search.
    You need to change from a route to an array, because if you would make a route go from 0 - Z it would implement stuff like < > = and ? and you wont want to search that in usernames.

go into the Plugin folder, and open "BrowseMember/files/default.php" and change

$letters = range('a', 'z');

to

echo '0 ';
    $letters = array('1', '2', '3', '4', '5',
    '6', '7', '8', '9', 'A',
    'B', 'C', 'D', 'E', 'F',
    'G', 'H', 'I', 'J', 'K',
    'L', 'M', 'N', 'O', 'P',
    'Q', 'R', 'S', 'T', 'U',
    'V', 'W', 'X', 'Y', 'Z');

you might ask yourself why i put 0 into a different kind of link, thats because somehow clicking 0 in an array shows all members, just like the reset/all link, so i cheated a way around this by adding a link directly to the form output.

(the markdown in here doesnt like me, but you can see the changes on the 0 if you hover over the number)

• oh and like i said in another topic, pluralisation makes sense:
    "9 user(s)" should be "9 users" and a single user should be "1 user"

easily done by changing
    printf(T('%s user(s) found.'), $this->Pager->TotalRecords);
    to
    printf(Plural($this->Pager->TotalRecords, '%s user', '%s users'), $this->Pager->TotalRecords);

• ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff

FYI: Plural() contains a sprintf(). So you don't need to wrap it in the printf. Just do the following:

echo Plural($this->Pager->TotalRecords, '%s user', '%s users');

• thank you for making this idea even better, Todd :)

• AoleeAolee Hobbyist & Coder ✭✭

Nice mod :)