Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Information Location

just a quick question; is it possible to display the given infos that a user gave somewhere else than in the profile tab? like in the user info of a post?

Answers

• sahotataransahotataran Developer, Bay Area - CA ✭✭✭

Yes the values can be retrieved and displayed anywhere. You will have to create some custom theme hooks for that

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• thank you sir! can you tell me a bit more about how its done?

• hbfhbf wiki guy? MVP

best way to figure out how it is done is to look at the how the plugin-itself displays the information. that pretty much gives you everything you need to port it to a theme or custom plugin.

edited December 2011

hbf said:
    best way to figure out how it is done is to look at the how the plugin-itself displays the information. that pretty much gives you everything you need to port it to a theme or custom plugin.

Yup like Ritulu - hbf said we always start with how the original code works :)

Hope hbf doesn't mind me calling him Ritulu :)

• hbfhbf wiki guy? MVP

sahotataran said:

hbf said:

Yup like Ritulu - hbf said we always start with how the original code works :)

Hope hbf doesn't mind me calling him Ritulu :)

it makes me more worldly.

• i tried that, looked it up and used parts of this:

<?php } else { // else display the page // Define variables for data $RealName = $this->AboutMe->RealName; $NickName = $this->AboutMe->OtName; $Quote = $this->AboutMe->Quote; $BD = $this->AboutMe->BD; $HideBD = $this->AboutMe->HideBD; $HideBY = $this->AboutMe->HideBY; $RelationshipStatus = $this->AboutMe->RelStat; $Quote = $this->AboutMe->Quote; $Location = $this->AboutMe->Loc; $Employer = $this->AboutMe->Emp; $JobTitle = $this->AboutMe->JobTit; $HighSchool = $this->AboutMe->HS; $College = $this->AboutMe->Col; $Interests = $this->AboutMe->Inter; $Music =$this->AboutMe->Mus; $Games = $this->AboutMe->Gam; $Movies = $this->AboutMe->Mov; $TV = $this->AboutMe->TV; $Books = $this->AboutMe->Bks; $Biography = $this->AboutMe->Bio; $UserName = $this->User->Name; $Photo = $this->User->Photo; ?>

<

div class="aboutme">

<?php if(!empty($this->AboutMe->OtName )){ // if the column OtName isn't empty, display: ?> <?php } ?>
    <?php echo $this->AboutMe->RealName ?>A.K.A. <?php echo $this->AboutMe->OtName; ?>

<?php

but it came out with...NOTHING :/

• hbfhbf wiki guy? MVP

RedTwentyFour said:
    i tried that, looked it up and used parts of this:

<?php } else { // else display the page // Define variables for data $RealName = $this->AboutMe->RealName; $NickName = $this->AboutMe->OtName; $Quote = $this->AboutMe->Quote; $BD = $this->AboutMe->BD; $HideBD = $this->AboutMe->HideBD; $HideBY = $this->AboutMe->HideBY; $RelationshipStatus = $this->AboutMe->RelStat; $Quote = $this->AboutMe->Quote; $Location = $this->AboutMe->Loc; $Employer = $this->AboutMe->Emp; $JobTitle = $this->AboutMe->JobTit; $HighSchool = $this->AboutMe->HS; $College = $this->AboutMe->Col; $Interests = $this->AboutMe->Inter; $Music =$this->AboutMe->Mus; $Games = $this->AboutMe->Gam; $Movies = $this->AboutMe->Mov; $TV = $this->AboutMe->TV; $Books = $this->AboutMe->Bks; $Biography = $this->AboutMe->Bio; $UserName = $this->User->Name; $Photo = $this->User->Photo; ?>

<

div class="aboutme">

<?php if(!empty($this->AboutMe->OtName )){ // if the column OtName isn't empty, display: ?> <?php } ?>
    <?php echo $this->AboutMe->RealName ?>A.K.A. <?php echo $this->AboutMe->OtName; ?>

<?php

but it came out with...NOTHING :/

you need to get the right object and replace
    $this with the proper object.

• the profile has it as "$this->User->" and AboutMe plugin has it as "$this->AboutMe->" or do you mean the include($this->FetchViewLocation('user')); ?

Nope. It's about including that class and $this refers to that class. You might have to include aboutme module and then use it's $this and then use it