Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Force a { to change in a div & Pofile Photo

edited March 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Hey guys, can I force the a { to change. So I want to change the color in the User CP box (www.amphicraft.com - usr: testaccount , pass: test) from blue to white like the 'SignOut' button. I know how to change a class in a div.. not sure about a { (if I'm honest, I'm not even 10% sure what means. Just what it does)

Also, if you look when logged in with the test account. It doesn't display a photo in the User CP box but it does for threads. Using the minecraft photo plugin.

Thanks,
Amphios

Answers

• rprrpr
    edited March 2012

Not sure what you're trying to target with CSS, but CSS is about levels of specification. So if you're wanting to target all 'anchor elements' (a)

a{ color: #fff; }

If you want to only target 'anchor elements' inside 'div elements':

div a{ color:#fff; }

If you want to target only 'anchor elements' inside 'div elements' that have a specific 'class':

div.classname a{ color:#fff; }

etc ...

Remember you can always create your own rules, not just change those which already exist in Vanilla.

• @rpr Thanks, I'll give that ago. That actually explained a lot to me. Like I said, I can code, but I only know whats things do not what they are. I never payed enough attention.

Dont suppose you could answer my photo dilemma?

• edited March 2012

Can someone please tell me how to edit this.. It's .discussions .active but I've tried every flipping over class its in .profile .profiletabs .tabs .. none work. I want it normal blue like the others.

Profile then Discussions