Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Where can I alter the REFRESH settings?

edited March 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Can I just make it so that no where on Vanilla it refreshes?

I have users who leave the page on their browsers while they're AFK, yet I see them as online on the dashboard. I don't want this.

Answers

• It's in the Dashboard, Forum > Advanced. I think that's what you want.

• edited March 2012

I've had it set to Don't refresh. It still picks up users who left the page on their browsers yet are AFK.

• VectorSkullz said:
    It still picks up users who left the page on their browsers yet are AFK.

Can you please explain a bit further what you mean?

Examples, examples, examples please :-)

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• lucluc ✭✭

Maybe he's talking about the Who's Online plugin.

If that's the case, I guess you will need to edit the source, to change the parameter stating how long after the last action it's still considered as "online". And you may also want to change how often it refreshes this.

• I have this same issue I think... help would be great if any of you can assist...

Basically, every single time a user jumps on the forum and they show up under "Who's Online", the page refreshes upon that person jumping on (or off) and if the user is typing, they cursor is no longer in the text box at the time of refresh. So basically, every time someone gets on or jumps off, it interrupts typing. I really hope there is a fix. And FYI, this does not occur on this forum and I see that Who's Online is a plugin to the left. Why would this occur? Thanks.