Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Force a { to change in a div & Pofile Photo

edited March 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Hey guys, can I force the a { to change. So I want to change the color in the User CP box (www.amphicraft.com - usr: testaccount , pass: test) from blue to white like the 'SignOut' button. I know how to change a class in a div.. not sure about a { (if I'm honest, I'm not even 10% sure what means. Just what it does)

Also, if you look when logged in with the test account. It doesn't display a photo in the User CP box but it does for threads. Using the minecraft photo plugin.

Thanks,
Amphios

Answers

• Options
    rprrpr
    edited March 2012

Not sure what you're trying to target with CSS, but CSS is about levels of specification. So if you're wanting to target all 'anchor elements' (a)

a{ color: #fff; }

If you want to only target 'anchor elements' inside 'div elements':

div a{ color:#fff; }

If you want to target only 'anchor elements' inside 'div elements' that have a specific 'class':

div.classname a{ color:#fff; }

etc ...

Remember you can always create your own rules, not just change those which already exist in Vanilla.

• Options

@rpr Thanks, I'll give that ago. That actually explained a lot to me. Like I said, I can code, but I only know whats things do not what they are. I never payed enough attention.

Dont suppose you could answer my photo dilemma?

• Options
    edited March 2012

Can someone please tell me how to edit this.. It's .discussions .active but I've tried every flipping over class its in .profile .profiletabs .tabs .. none work. I want it normal blue like the others.

Profile then Discussions