Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

GDlib alternative

lechlech Chicagoland
edited November 2005 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Does anyone know if there are any GDlib alternatives out there if your server doesn't have it loaded with php?

Comments

• ImageMagick is a common secondary offering... but it's far less common. Can you install GDLib on your server? http://www.boutell.com/gd/
  • lechlech Chicagoland
    If I had that option, I would jump on it and recompile everything my way, however it's out of my control, so this is why I asked :)
  • lechlech Chicagoland
    edited November 2005
    I also could have sworn I saw another alternative collection of scripts and modules a while ago that took care of simple gdlib calls, or was I hallucinatiing?
  • netpbm is another.
  • Alternatively you could move to a host with gdlib enabled. I heard there was an awesome one launching tomorrow ;)
  • lechlech Chicagoland
    If it's free, I'll move :) otherwise I'll rough it out. I had it enabled before, except with the last upgrade, we forgot to compile it and I can't be arsed to bug him to recompile it again. A guest can only over-step his or her bounds so much :) Thanks for all the suggestions thus far tho!
  • I understand where you are coming from Lech, I am in the same boat. I get my server space from a friend for free. But seriously, if its a linux server, it takes all of 30 seconds and like 2 commands to add GD/Imagemagick/netpbm.
  • I'd like to add imagemagick to mine but I can't. I don't have that sort of access.
This discussion has been closed.