Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Dart: a platform for structured web apps

candymancandyman ✭✭
edited March 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

I think that the gurus out there ( @x00 @Lincoln @Todd @422 @sahotataran and more... ) could find this interesting. Here a review.

Comments

• 422422 Developer MVP

Hmm looks interesting, seem to recall looking into this cpl of yrs ago. Will have another delve thanks.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• These concept are really interesting and cool, though still early days. I would say though anything that has the potential to make you life easier like GWT, has the potential to add anniversary complexity to the final product, as it is "complied" javscript you are not controlling directly the final output. In some case it can be quite messy, and the necessity to handle everything is a single language, can actually be an obstacle. In the case of dart it is not just a specially compiled output,you are running special engine. You have to consider whether this is really suitable for what you'd want.

In some case it might not be right for your use case, like google map when they did their rewrite, they went for 100% hand rolled javascript. However for prototyping and prrof of concept, these tools are a lifeline.

grep is your friend.

• ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff

Man, I hate to say this, but I looked at the first link with their example I just really thought it was some bloated code. Not too bloated, but if the first code you show someone looks like that I really worry.

Then I see it's a google initiative and I want to read more. Who knows? Could be interesting, but sometimes engineers are too smart for their own good and really complicate things. Just look at some .net or java libraries.