Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Brand New Install [Hostgator] Cannot Create Category BROKEN!

edited April 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

I created a brand new mysql database, the installation worked great. Everything seem to be working nicely. But when I try to add some categories, I get the install set-up screen again? What is going on?

Any help would be great!

Answers

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited April 2012

what version of vanilla did you migrate to?

did you mean when you click add or just going to the categories screen?

verify and set if necessary your permissions for the admin role and any other role you want to show the ability to manage categories, and look at the default category permissions, both in the dashboard under permissions for each role.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options
    edited April 2012

Vanilla Version 2.0.18.4

Well, when I click on the links "Categories", "Flood Control" and "Advanced" under the Forum section, I get that set-up page. I will check my admin permissions.

Just checked my Admin permission, I have permission to do everything, all checked.

• Options

Why don't you delete everything directories, database, etc- download a new zip, since its brand new and reinstall

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.