Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Working with the Traditional Plugin

RageTexasRageTexas New
edited May 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Anyone know how to get this to work with the Traditional plugin? There's no sidebar in that set up, so preferably I'd like to figure out how to get in down below the category listing on the main page.

Best Answer

• mcu_hqmcu_hq yippie ki-yay ✭✭✭
    edited May 2012 Answer ✓

I am working on another plugin at the moment, but I took a quick look at getting this to work in the sidebar for right now. If you want, enable the sidebar in the traditional plugin for now and paste this into class.whosonlinemodule.php.

You can view the results here. Login with test/test to see yourself online.

Answers

edited May 2012

The latest version of this plugin/theme will allow you add the sidebar in if you wish.

I think the whosonline plugin will look the best where you have described. The next release will put this there...similar to here:

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited May 2012

mcu_hq said:
    The latest version of this plugin/theme will allow you add the sidebar in if you wish.

I think the whosonline plugin will look the best where you have described. The next release will put this there...similar to here: >

@mcu_hq - that is the first design I've seen that is pretty impressive - do you know what theme or is it custom? Is it the traditional?

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

It is the traditional theme. The next step for this will be making it much easier for people to change the color scheme by using LESS CSS. I don't know why I have only just heard of this....looks very useful.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited May 2012

nice job - i don't play around with themes but if I were going to use one this would be it.
    Probably other really nice ones out there, too. I don't explore too much in the theming area.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• mcu_hq said:

I think the whosonline plugin will look the best where you have described. The next release will put this there...similar to here:

That looks great, any estimate on the next release or is it worth it to just go at it myself?

edited May 2012 Answer ✓

I am working on another plugin at the moment, but I took a quick look at getting this to work in the sidebar for right now. If you want, enable the sidebar in the traditional plugin for now and paste this into class.whosonlinemodule.php.

You can view the results here. Login with test/test to see yourself online.