Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

How to hidden the "Panel div" in some page ?

sarowlwpsarowlwp New
edited May 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

i have the panel in right of the content , but some page ,i want hidden it , for example in catagory/discussions page , how can i do it ?

any help?

Best Answer

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited May 2012 Answer ✓

@aery
    Now you tell me! Can you also remove a panel if viewing a particular discussion (the plugin will let you, although i don't know why you would want to).

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

Answers

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited May 2012

@sarowlwp

You must mean the Hide Panel plugin :)

newly added check the add-ons.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• aeryaery Gtricks Forum in 2.2 :) ✭✭✭

You can also do it by removing {asset name="panel"} from the page template.
    for discussions, remove {asset name="panel"} in defaut.master.tpl found in application > dashboard > views

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited May 2012 Answer ✓

@aery
    Now you tell me! Can you also remove a panel if viewing a particular discussion (the plugin will let you, although i don't know why you would want to).

• aery said:
    You can also do it by removing {asset name="panel"} from the page template.
    for discussions, remove {asset name="panel"} in defaut.master.tpl found in application > dashboard > views

particular discussions , not all ...

• aeryaery Gtricks Forum in 2.2 :) ✭✭✭

@peregrine you are better programmer than I am/

Plugin gives you flrxibulity. My solution applies only when you dont want an overhead and removes things simply.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• hbfhbf wiki guy? MVP

Short panel.... modify the regex to indicate what discussion or category patterns to use for filtering.

• hbf said:
    Short panel.... modify the regex to indicate what discussion or category patterns to use for filtering.

which file i can do it?

• hbfhbf wiki guy? MVP

Its in the php file. There is a comparison between the page address and some values riht now. You can extend that to be any comparison by adding a little new code.

Thats whar determines the "when" of the filter. "What" gets filtered is controlled by the css file.