Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

RSS?

edited December 2005 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
See topic.. Can we please have an RSS extension?! :)

Comments

• As far as I can see rss feeds are already available. That is wat FF tells me. :)
  • It's Atom -> http://lussumo.com/community/feeds/ Not RSS ;-)
  • I'd really like RSS too. BTW: can non registered users read the Atom feed of a closed forum?
  • I stand corrected. :)
  • If you use a service like feedburner, it will make RSS feeds from Atom feeds for you IIRC.
  • lechlech Chicagoland
    Next release, MrNase, next release :D
  • Thanks SirNot ! :-) lech: I can't wait ;-)
  • edited December 2005
    *Does dance of joy*

:D-/-< :D-\-< :D-/-<
  • MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    Yes - now you see the awesomeness of rss2 in 0.9.3 :)
  • Hi guys, some of my users are asking about email notification, I told them about subscribing to the feed, however I noticed (I'm using 0.9.2) that only new discussions appears in the feed, how can I get to know if some discussion got replies via the feed?
  • MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    In 0.9.2, feeds were very limited. I don't think what you're asking for was possible back then. 0.9.3 has way more to it - you can even create feeds from your saved searches or feed from individual discussions. Check out lussumo.com/vanilladev to see what I'm talking about...
  • Is it possible to get the last 10 comments made in RSS2 in 0.9.3?
  • I can get the *first* 10 comments made in an rss2 feed in 0.9.3 :D
  • MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    edited December 2005
    Bergamot - yeah, that's wierd, huh? The reason I did that was because I found that as soon as I removed the order by clause on the comment search, it sped the query up by over 500%. I tried adding an index to the "DateCreated" column of the comment table, but it still made no difference if the order by was in the query. Wacky Mysql. ADM - you'd probably have to write another extension to do that for you. You could inject some code into the comments.php page using delegates and hijack the SqlBuilder that builds the query for that page if a certain parameter is passed in the querystring. Change the query to what you want it to be, and let the page execute.
  • Bergamot - yeah, that's wierd, huh? The reason I did that was because I found that as soon as I removed the order by clause on the comment search, it sped the query up by over 500%. I tried adding an index to the "DateCreated" column of the comment table, but it still made no difference if the order by was in the query. Wacky Mysql.
    Why not use order by when a sort criteria is specified, and not use it if it's left blank?
This discussion has been closed.