Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Coupon Code or similiar

edited August 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Is there a way to easily setup some type of coupon or at least a product that could only be purchase once per user?

I'd like to give premium mebmership for free for 30 days but after that the users should purchase. Is there an easy wa to do this?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    422422 Developer MVP

Good idea

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Options

Not currently. You could give your user a starting balance of Karma, or reward Karma to be spent on a trial.

You could Set new users to then Premium Role, and hook their creation so you set
    Premium Role(s) expire.

It all depend what you wan to do.

grep is your friend.

• Options
    edited August 2012

That sounds good the problem is I don't want this to be for each new user but only a few that come from a certain source. Is there a way to create a special sign up form with a unique URL that adds all the data needed into the database and that would work for the users signing up through that URL?

• Options

Of course there are ways to do this. But it doesn't get done by magic.

grep is your friend.

• Options

:) I'll give it a try, I was hoping I could get it done with some plugins but seems like I have to code smething myself.