Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Showing latest Posts to unauthorized Users

BraamaneBraamane New
edited August 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Very nice plugin though unfortunately it looks like all Posts are shown even those from categories a user has no view rights. i think it needs an additional check if the user is allowed to view posts of a categorie.

Comments

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

I just looked into this. Since the original plugin used a direct db query, I would have to rewrite that portion. AFAIK, there is no simple way to do a permissions check through a db query.

I do plan on implementing this feature. However, my community doesn't need this feature, yet.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Would be nice, hope you have some energy to do that one day. Thank you

@Braamane, @Jakobba please update to the latest version for it to respect your permissions.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• @hgtonight thank you so much, that was quick. I will have to install it later.
    Regards Jakob

• Great @hgtonight it works like a charm, thanks again...

• gdsstgdsst New
    edited January 2013

could you have another look into this case again. I would like to make the latest post list hidden from guest, how can I achieve it?

currently, the plugin is still shown with empty list. I would like it to be totally vanished

edited : added more detail

@gdsst this sounds like it could be a simple modification to use permissions. I am not sure I want to add this into the base plugin.

Search first

• gdsstgdsst New
    edited February 2013

@hgtonight said:
    gdsst this sounds like it could be a simple modification to use permissions. I am not sure I want to add this into the base plugin.

can you show me, how to do it?

@gdsst
    After thinking about this, it seems like good behavior to hide the panel if there are no results. As such, I have implemented it in the latest version.

Search first

• businessdadbusinessdad Stealth contributor MVP

@hgtonight said:
    gdsst
    After thinking about this, it seems like good behavior to hide the panel if there are no results. As such, I have implemented it in the latest version.

Just spotted this thread, and I also think it's a good idea to give the option of hiding the widget when empty. Well done.