Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Is it possible to have all activity notifications enabled, but not bookmark every single discussion?

edited August 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Hi!

I've a self-hosted forum, for which I've enabled every notification option in my personal preferences so I can keep track of activity via email.

Every single new discussion that's created on the forum is coming up bookmarked, however (that's hundreds of discussions), rendering the bookmarks feature pretty much useless. I would like to use bookmarks so particular discussions I'm interested in will show up in the sidebar.

Is there something I'm doing wrong, or is this simply how Vanilla implements global notifications? Is there anything I can do?

Cheers!
Michael

Best Answer

Answers

• Options

Thanks, Todd - so, just to be sure: if I were to do so, I could deselect the rest of the notification settings for my user, and therefore no longer have discussions automatically bookmarked? (while still receiving notifications for everything)