Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Simple jsconnect question

edited March 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

When setting up jsconnect, what is the relative path for the Authentication URL? I've tried the jsconnect directory, the plugin directy, forum root, even document root as well as the full www.domain.yadda/yadda/ address. Always get 404/not found. Where the heck is it looking for this thing? A dark shadowy corner of my closet?

Forum is an embed in a custom php application.

Answers

• Options
    ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff

You need to program your own authentication url on your custom application. Once you code that page you should know the url of it.

Check the jsConnect documentation.

• Options

Is there any documentation that explains about the authentication url?

The JsConnect doc here: http://vanillaforums.com/blog/help/implementing-jsconnect-single-signon-on/
    does not mention anything about the plugin or an authentication url.

Peter

• Options
    HalfCatHalfCat ✭✭
    edited September 2012

To be fair: it links to the libraries which have an example page that you can use to see what is needed.

• Options
    ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff

I give you libraries in a variety of languages. Like HalfCat says there is an example page that tells you what you need to do. I give you very detailed documentation on the blog post you link to.

The documentation is excellent. Here's the thing though: jsConnect requires a certain degree of programming knowledge. You need to be able to read technical documentation and not get lost.