Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

[gitHub #1435] Error trying to upload Attached files on this vanillaforums server.

peregrineperegrine MVP
edited September 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

I am referring to the forum http://vanillaforums.org/discussions

I have a slow bandwidth.

when I try to upload a 40 kb jpg. using Attach file This is results from chrome.
(I get a gif that indicates uploading but nothing uploads)

I get the following error

UploadAttachment_1  method       status                          size content     time latency       

/post/upload               POST    503 Service Unavailab     655B 418B 22.81s 22.80s

Error 503 Service Unavailable

Service Unavailable

Anyone else having problems attaching files?

the image loading gif hangs. I have tried with firefox, same problem.

Another time I saw an error with varnish cache mentioned. don't know if it was part of the error message or just more info.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

Comments

• I have tried loading the same exact image jpg successfully on another forum and it works perfectly. So the image and jpg seems ok.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• if the size of the file is 13kb. I can upload it

if the size is 18kb - there seems to be some sort of timing - size issue.

• @underdog - following your advice :)

github issue #1435