Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Multiple Vanilla Installs

edited October 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Is it possible to easily host multiple forums all using sphinxsearch on one host? The way I installed the first one was to copy the generated sphinx.conf to my global sphinx daemon config since I am using my distributions version. I assume I can't just copy and paste multiple .confs and merge them into one, I was wondering how much of the source names you have hard coded in the plugin that I would have to modify for additional installs.

Comments

• mcu_hqmcu_hq yippie ki-yay ✭✭✭

Is it possible to easily host multiple forums all using sphinxsearch on one host?

yea, you have to generate 3 config files - make sure searchd is on a separate port.

I was wondering how much of the source names you have hard coded in the plugin that I would have to modify for additional installs.

Look here for the template

• I guess my question was more how could I modify the source names so that I could have one searchd running.
    I suppose that just running multiple searchds would be easier than modifying your plugin for each of my installs though.
    Thanks

• mcu_hqmcu_hq yippie ki-yay ✭✭✭

you would need separate searchd's running on multiple config files. You could install the plugin on each vanilla instance and it should work fine, but change the port for each. Each vanilla instance will use the same location of searchd (/usr/local/bin/searchd) but a different config file (.../myweb1/etc/sphinx.conf)