HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

We need somone to code us an achievement system. Will pay depending on expirience.

LoftyLofty New
edited December 2012 in General Banter

Hey guys! Been using Vanilla for a while now. We have a site that is gaining popularity and we need to take on another dev with a temporary contract which could turn into permanent depending on how much we trust you, and how good you work with us. Also forgive me because I am posting on my phone. We have a social media site using vanilla, and it is unique. We need someone to code us a badges/achievements system. We will pay as well. It has to work with the arcade we are working on, so this isnt a simple feat, but it's definitely possible with the right dev. I am not going to give too much info away, but post here, or pm me with a portfolio or some examples of what you can do. We are a professional team with the client in mind. We will need a system with something where we can easily add new achievements as we think of them. Let me know what skills you have to offer us.

Sorry if this post isnt allowed, too.

--Lofty

Comments

• businessdadbusinessdad Stealth contributor MVP

There are a few discussions open on the topic of Badges. The main one is here, where you can find contributions on the idea from several Vanilla developers (including myself). I see that you already posted on another, therefore I don't think I need to add the link.

To summarise, I'm already working on such system, although on a spare time basis. It's designed to be flexible and to allow a potentially infinite amount of badges/achievements, as well as configurable rules. Unfortunately, I don't have an estimated delivery date, yet.

• Thank you for the response. I will keep checking that thread! Let me know if you want any help, I'd be more than happy to!

Thanks for your offer Lofty, but I think I'll be fine. The main structure of the plugin is in place, and so is the basic logic. Now I "only" have to code everything around them.

• Excited about this! I'm new to the VF community, so just checking that this would be for self-hosted forums?

Yes, it will be for self-hosted Vanilla 2.0.x.

• Thanks for taking this on!

• Yes thank you!!, I hope we can have something to test out soon! The community will be butt hurt over this (in a good way). :)

Quick status update: Awards configuration is almost complete, as well as the Rule Engine. There's still a lot to do (several UI pages, implementation of Rules, testing, performance checks and so on), but it's progressing.

• mcu_hqmcu_hq yippie ki-yay ✭✭✭

So what is your ETA? Is it sponsored I'm guessing? I'm interested to see the implementation.

I don't have a precise ETA, yet, as I work on the plugin when I have some spare time.
    Plugin is not sponsored, as I don't support the sponsorship model (I discussed the topic on the forum some time ago). My plan for this plugin was described in a previous post.

• aeryaery Gtricks Forum in 2.2 :) ✭✭✭

love you @businessdad :)

Perhaps, I can help you with UX.

(Assuming it as 2.1 compatible)

There was an error rendering this rich post.

via Email
    @aery Thanks, but I'm ok at the moment. Compatibility with 2.1 is not
    guaranteed, as it's still in Beta and I'm not using it. I will review the
    plugins once 2.1 is officially stable.
  • phreakphreak Vanilla*APP (White Label) & Vanilla*Skins Shop MVP

Already started making Badges. ;)mjam cant' wait to see it.

• VanillaAPP | iOS & Android App for Vanilla - White label app for Vanilla Forums OS
    • VanillaSkins | Plugins, Themes, Graphics and Custom Development for Vanilla
  • edited January 2013

@businessdad said:
    Quick status update: Awards configuration is almost complete, as well as the Rule Engine. There's still a lot to do (several UI pages, implementation of Rules, testing, performance checks and so on), but it's progressing.

Thanks for the update, I'm Lofty's partner for our social community. I really appreciate your efforts. I cant wait to try it. :) Are there going to be limitations to the rules or can you make a rule for pretty much anything?