Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

[GitHub #1506] Facebook/Twitter activate on "Social" page giving "page not found"

OnlyAnExcuseOnlyAnExcuse ✭✭
edited January 2013 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

I moved web host last night and all is fine. Except when I try to turn on Twitter and Facebook login.

This is the case for both a 2.1 install downloaded from the Master branch, and the Beta release in develop.

After clicking, it returns "Page not found" in a popup at bottom-left of screen. Any idea how to resolve this?

Best Answer

Answers

• Okay. When I click to Enable, it offers these links:

website.com/forum/forum/social/enable/Twitter
    website.com/forum/forum/social/enable/Facebook

My site's URL is website.com/forum, so clearly there's another /forum/ being thrown in.

I'm thinking this may be down to it being in a subdirectory, but i've never encountered this problem before.

To change the settings, i'm having to adjust the URL to get to the settings pages.

Changing:
    forum/forum/social/Twitter

To:
    /forum/social/Twitter

Maybe someone can throw light on why this may be occuring.

• I'd changed a setting somewhere which caused it to rewrite it into the subdirectory it was in twice, likely .htaccess. Can't remember exactly where, but a schoolboy error.

• GaryFunkGaryFunk Senior Application Developer ✭✭

I posted an issue on gethub with what I think is the fix. I will be testing further this weekend.

• @GaryFunk said:
    I posted an issue on github with what I think is the fix

GitHub Bug number? So I can attach it to this discussion :-)

There was an error rendering this rich post.