Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

ReplaceRole instead of Addrole

NiemandNiemand New
edited March 2013 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Hoi, I have my vanilla-forum linked to my minecraft-server. People can achieve premium-accounts via forum-activity. Now there is the problem that, if a player buys premium-rights, he gets the group added. so there are two groups written in the database.
And since the minecraft-plugin just accepts one group, he stays "Player" and does not become a premium-member.

The solution would be to replace the group instead of adding it.

I hope this description and my request was understandable. You did good work with your plugin and I hope you keep it up. ;)
--Niemand

Comments

• x00x00 MVP
    edited March 2013

This a problem with the minecraft plugin. It would not make sense to to remove roles arbitrarily, that is not how roles and permissions work in vanilla, and many people would not be happy if that happened. The minecraft plugin needs to check for all the roles you have.

You could try changing the order of precedence, by dragging an dropping the role in forumtest/dashboard/role. No guarantee that will work and I have no idea how minecraft plugin checks the roles. But it would need to map the roles for compatibility.

grep is your friend.

• Thanks for your answer.

Drag&Drop does not seem to work. :/

Alright, I will play around with the plugin and bug the dev about it. I guess he will send me back to you again. :P

And what I meant was not, that you use "replaceRole" by default, but to let the plugin-user choose the function (replaceRole or addRole) he needs. ;)

• I'm not going to be doing this development, sorry. If there was a desperate need for it people would be paying for it, but the infrastructure for that is not ready.

It is not a necessity. In vanilla roles are additive, not mutually exclusive. It is permissions that are applied, if you are checking for roles rather than permissions, then in most cases you are doing it wrong (I'm using 'you' in the royal sense not you personally)

grep is your friend.