Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Upgrading from 0.9.2.2 to 0.9.2.6

edited December 2005 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
I've just realized I'm using and older version of Vanila. I've made some custom changes to the common controls file and others as well. My question is... what are the changes from 0.9.2.2 to 0.9.2.6. I read the upgrade instructions, but it does say replace most files. I'm not sure exactly where to look for the history of changes. Any help appreciated, Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    lechlech Chicagoland
    droppyale, I'm sure nearly all the files recieved either some kind of changes, or tweaks to coorespond with any database changes. Meaning any changes you've made to your copy, upon update, will need to be done again. There is really no known set of diffs/change logs other than what mark keeps for us on the wiki which isn't exactly specific.
  • Options
    Thanks for the reply lech, I wonder if I should just wait to switch to 0.9.3 when it's ready, or update to 0.9.2.6 then switch to the new version. Mark any insight into this? Are there any risks by me running an old version? security risks? Thanks
  • Options
    If it's not broken, don't fix it =P
  • Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    There were some not so insignificant xss holes in the older versions. What kind of changes did you make to the controls?
  • Options
    edited December 2005
    I've added mostly html changes... logo here, link here... etc. I'm guessing I should consider updating, since these xss holes could probably screw things up eh? Were there any CSS changes?
  • Options
    lechlech Chicagoland
    CSS changes, no, not really. If you're running a closed forum, and it's fairly small, you might be able to hold out (for a short while) and just wait for 9.3, but I'd still suggest patching to the latest stable release. 9.3 is looking promising enough that any major changes shouldn't impact anything you've handcrafted in terms of css / templates.
  • Options
    Thanks for the help guys, I've patched to the latest stable version 0.9.2.6. I ran a dif on the files and to my surprise there weren't many huge changes... just snipets here and there which made updating easier. Again thanks Cheers. Alex.
This discussion has been closed.