Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

I want to disable the auto-notifications that appear in the activity page. How to do it ?

I want to disable the auto-notifications that appear in the activity page. How to do it ? I intend to use the activity page for posting updates only and don't need notifications like 'X joined', 'Y earned the 100 Comments badge', 'z earned the 250 Answers badge', etc. Where do I need to make the edits ?

Comments

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

This would not be an easy edit. Any code can insert an activity into the model. To turn this off would require you to either modify the method that is used to insert activity and then fail it a 'quiet' way.

What version of Vanilla are you running? What exactly are you trying to accomplish?

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• "Don't need notifications like 'X joined', 'Y earned the 100 Comments badge', 'z earned the 250 Answers badge',"

what plugin are you using for this???

PeregrineBadges doesn't write to the activity page and the notifications can be easily turned off. Or are you using vanillaforums.com

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• businessdadbusinessdad Stealth contributor MVP

@peregrine said:
    Or are you using vanillaforums.com

+1 for that, I was thinking the same. @Maddox, if you are using a hosted Vanilla, you should contact the support on vanillaforums.com. This forum is for the self-hosted version.

• @peregrine, @businessdad, @hgtonight .. Sorry for the confusion. When someone joins vanilla forums, it writes on the activity page that 'X joined'. I want to turn this notification off.

The badges are not my problem anymore as peregrine badges don't write to the activity page. I hadn't checked it earlier. I just thought that peregrine badges writes on the activity page after seeing the forum on this website.