Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Vanilla Links redirecting to another site

edited January 2006 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
I did a full search and didn't come up with any results to the issue I'm having now, so here goes: When I logged into my forum (http://avatars.halini.com), I was going to approve an applicant but it keeps redirecting me to a website (http://search.biz.tm). Any other links I go to like Discussions, Categories, etc, redirects me to the same annoying site. I know my forum has been hacked, but what can I do to fix it? HELP!

Comments

• um. What on earth? Seems to work fine for me.
  • It works fine sometimes, but it still redirects to that site on most occassions.
  • You sure you dont have some sort of spyware? Seems a bit odd really.
  • Worked fine for me... maybe your browser is one Froot Loop short of a full box?
  • MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    What browser is it? What version is it?
    Does it only happen in your vanilla site, or does it also happen on other sites?
  • lechlech Chicagoland
    Everything on this end checks out a-ok, I suspect either your browser has been hijacked or your computer is festering with some type of malware which is redirecting you to said site. Hopefully this isn't related to that stupid WMF hackery that went on last week.
  • edited March 2006
    I used both Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox browsers. The Vanilla version is 9.2.2. You may be right about the malware as I'm using a different computer today and it's not redirecting me to that site. I'll have to check with that other user that's having trouble. Edit: I was able to figure out why I was getting that redirect. Another subdomain's config file was edited by a hacker and added a code to redirect to that site. I was able to find and erase the code and changed the permissions on the config file so it won't happen again. After the fix, the other user wasn't redirected anymore either.
This discussion has been closed.