Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Custom tag not displaying in discussion

Hi,

I wrote a custom tag based on the 'quote' tag in class.nbbc.plugin.php. It works fine, however in a root post (discussion) the input is not evaluated as BBCode.

I have added the line $Configuration['Garden']['InputFormatter'] = 'BBCode'; to my conf.
However, I still traced this back to the Format not being set to BBCode, but Html (as can be seen in the DB).

This could be related to this discussion https://github.com/vanillaforums/Garden/issues/1358 only I have exactly the opposite behaviour - the inputformatter is active in the comments, but not the discussion.

Help? :)

Comments

• I traced it down further to line 873 in applications/vanilla/models/class.discussionmodel.php

if (!GetValue('Format', $Fields))
    $Fields['Format'] = Gdn::Config('Garden.InputFormatter', '');

if I comment out the if statement, i.e. always set the Format to the Garden InputFormatter, everything works out fine.

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Welcome to the community!

What version of Vanilla are you testing against?

The quotes plugin will render the [quote] bbcode correctly.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.