Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

GDN_Discussion is marked as crashed and should be repaired

blizeHblizeH ✭✭
edited July 2013 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Hi,

I'm getting the following error when trying to view my forum:

/library/database/class.database.php, 280, Gdn_Database.Query(), Table './GDN_Discussion' is marked as crashed and should be repaired, select c.*, co.DateInserted as DateLastComment, co.InsertUserID as LastCommentUserID, d.Name as LastDiscussionTitle, d.CountComments as LastDiscussionCountComments, d.InsertUserID as LastDiscussionUserID, d.DateInserted as DateLastDiscussion, uc.DateMarkedRead as DateMarkedRead, uc.Unfollow as Unfollow
from GDN_Category c
left join GDN_Comment co on c.LastCommentID = co.CommentID
left join GDN_Discussion d on d.DiscussionID = c.LastDiscussionID
left join GDN_UserCategory uc on uc.UserID = 1 and uc.CategoryID = c.CategoryID
where c.AllowDiscussions = :cAllowDiscussions
order by TreeLeft asc

This has happened overnight without any real reason, I haven't updated Vanilla or changed any of the structure.

I contacted my host and they have said " The database can be repaired manually, I recommend to ask your web developer to check it. " - this doesn't make a lot of sense to me, any idea on what to do please other than a re-install (or using a clean database which would be a nightmare scenario)

Thanks

Comments

• blizeHblizeH ✭✭

Sorry... sorted now, there was no option in PHPMyAdmin to repair the database, but running REPAIR TABLE GDN_Discussion worked a treat :)