Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

[Solved] Customizing Embedded Theme

brodachbrodach New
edited November 2013 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

So I've searched the forums, Google'd a million things, and tried all kinds of custom code to try and fix the issue I am having, but I have not had any luck. I am using Concrete5 for my CMS, and I have embedded Vanilla (using the default embed friendly theme that comes with Vanilla version 2.0.18.8) into a Dynamic iFrame -- everything has been going well except for a couple of pesky issues.

After enough hacking and searching I've been able to change most of the colors to what I am looking for to make the forums mesh with the rest of the site. My only problem is that I haven't been able to get some of the posts listed to change their background and mesh with the other posts. As well as a couple other small things (what appears to be borders or something under each of the categories, I'll post links to the site so it can be seen what I am talking about).

I've tried to break everything down with Firebug and find where the issue is, but I've been unable to do so. The problem seems to persist in the DataList Discussions class, but only for certain posts. I generally do not like to ask for help, but at this point I am running out of options. I've searched custom.css and have been unable to fix the issue. Adding the background to Content allowed me to change the background on the posts that have actually changed their background to what I was going for, the others have not. I've tried adding, removing, editing pieces in custom.css but just cannot seem to find the attribute I need.

If anyone has run in to this issue and solved it, please let me know.
My site is: http://www.saecula.com/forums/ -- this should take you to the forums where it is not actually embedded, and is just showing the embedded theme, the problem persists even there, so I know it isn't an issue with the iFrame.
And http://forums.saecula.com/ -- to see the embedded version, but it basically looks exactly the same, just condensed.

On those pages you'll clearly see the posts that do not mesh, as well as the borders/lines underneath the posts that do mesh, and underneath the categories to the right. Essentially, the entire background area should be the gray background.

Thanks,
Andrew

Comments

• Updating this -- so apparently it only shows up on a registered user or something. I have it setup now to show discussions to unregistered user, but if you aren't logged it, everything looks fine. After you login, this changes. Thought maybe Van2Shout was causing the issue because it showed up after you logged in, but I added it for non-logged in users and it still hasn't shown up. That being said, I will simply attach a screenshot so people won't have to trouble themselves with registering.

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Welcome to the community!

You need to override the .New and .Mine styles.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• I knew it would be something simple, thanks a ton.
    I'm sure I can figure out where the borders are coming from and remove them myself. -- the problems with .New and .Mine were my primary concern.

Thanks again.