Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Database Importer

edited January 2006 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Hiya! My vanilla database is quite large and I need to move it to a new MySQL server. The problem is, that I don't have command line access, and the phpMyAdmin thing sucks big time for uploading large files (there is a 2mb limit). I have had no experience with using php to load a db schema into a database, but I think this would be the best way to get it all up there quickly. I have the entire database in one file. Would someone be willing to show me how this could be done using php, or give me any advice on how to best approach this problem. Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    lechlech Chicagoland
    edited January 2006
    do you have access to phpmyadmin or a similar tool on your host? if so, you should be able to export all your DB's via that.

All drugged up, NM
  • Options
    Reading comprehension is a wonderful thing.
  • Options
    lechlech Chicagoland
    shut it! :D

Ok, with phpMyAdmin, can you upload the file to your server via ftp/ssh and tell it to execute a given file already there? I haven't played around with it enough to know the ins and outs but if you can do that, you should be able to conquer the 2mb limit.
  • Options
    Or you could tear it about and upload it table by table :)

A long, unpleasant way of doing it, I had to do it once. Took a while.
  • Options
    edited January 2006
    im pretty sure you can get bulk uploaders that will get past the 2mb limit. automoating process nicely. --------- edit -------- here's one i've used before: http://www.ozerov.de/bigdump.php
  • Options
    hehehe...

BigDump
  • Options
    like from a butt
  • Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    That thing dumps like a truck.
  • Options
    BigDump looks like it could do the trick. I will try it out and let you know. Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.