Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Comment Editing Buttons are hidden

edited July 2014 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

I've noticed 2 glitches so far with this Theme.

The first is the fact that the editing buttons that are usually visible above the comments block are hidden. If I scroll my mouse across the yellow top border it will display the words for the buttons but they are invisible which make them hard to find and use.

The second is that it does not allow paragraphs within the comments. Even though I can hit the enter button while I'm commenting and it displays correctly, once I POST the comment everything is turned into one paragraph. It looks really bad when I provide multiple links and although I typed them on separate lines once I click POST COMMENT they are all on one line making it look like one big long link.

Is there a way these 2 problems could be corrected?

Comments

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

Yes you can, it all css. If you give me a link and create a test account for me I can look at it and see what is causing it.

• Excellent. I appreciate your assistance. Here's the link: http://bulliesofnc.com/BTforum/
    Login: JustTesting
    Password: testing!

edited July 2014

ok I am logged in your site, please guide me as to where I need to look for the problem since it looks ok to me except for a couple details I noticed

For the line breaks, please find line 702

.Message br {
    display: none;
    }

remove that entire block. I put that in because something I was using made the breaks huge so I removed them and forgot to take that line out when I uploaded the theme here.

edited July 2014

Ok I see what is happening the flyout for the options , the cog is black so it is hard to see. I added a different cog but you need to adjust the url for the image of the cog
    find line 929 and use the full url to your site for that image. Normally this image is a sprite and is called from the dashboard. That is why it need the full url to the image so it supersedes te dashboard link to the image.

.OptionsTitle {
    user-select: none;
    background:url(http://bulliesofnc.com/BTforum/themes/DarkMetal/design/images/cog2.png) no-repeat;
    height: 20px;
    overflow: hidden;
    padding: 0;
    width: 24px;
    height: 23px;
    display: inline-block;
    vertical-align: top;
    line-height: 999px;
    overflow: hidden;
    font-size: 0;
    cursor: pointer;
    background-position: bottom center;
    }

edited July 2014

Uploaded a new version with some fixes on both mobile and this.
    Please let me know how it works for you. And thanks for helping me find the bugs :D

edited July 2014

@BulliesofNC I fixed a bunch of issues in the newest version of this theme version 1.5 . Please try it and report if I got all of them or if you find something else I missed. Thanks

http://vanillaforums.org/addon/darkmetal-theme-1.5

@UnderDog this theme is for 2.1 so it should go in the 2.1 help category not 2.0 thanks :D

• Awesome! I will download it now. I meant to respond back with some glitches I found. This is what I had:

• Unable to Signature Plugin
    Signature Settings tab show up in the Edit Profile page but in the settings page it says “You don't have permission to use a signature.”
    • Facebook and Twitter Links in the Profile Page are Inoperable
    After inputting the proper link and Saving it brings you to a 404 Error on the wrong page
    • Social Tab within Profile Page is inoperable
    Error within Twitter– SSL Required
    • No way of editing the Menu drop down options
    Can’t delete tabs like “Games” or “Galleries” which aren’t being used on the Forum and only causing confusion to members
    • DarkMetalMobile Theme does not support Editing Plugins like CLEditor
    Keyboard does not show up allowing users to type
    • Highly Recommended that a “Discussions” button be added to the bottom of individual discussions so users can conduct a single Click back to the All Discussions page vice scrolling back to the top of the page or clicking Home then Discussions.

• Downloaded the new update but still have the same issues. :(

The signature plugin problem you have is not related to the theme. The twitter and facebook links problem you have is not related to the theme. Social tab , not related to the theme.

Please understand that a theme only affects the looks not the function and it does not interfere with plugins generally.

The extra links you see in there are for the Galleries plugin and others, if you do not use them simply remove the link from the default.master.php of the theme.

Cleditor does not work on all mobiles, that is not a problem of the theme.

You can create a plugin to add the Discussions page link to all the topics or anything you want. That is not regulated by the theme.