Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Quotes 1.6.1 doesn't seem to work with 2.1.1, Default Theme, and WYSIWYG (CLEditor) 1.3.1

DoyceTDoyceT Model Questioner ✭✭✭

Pretty much encapsulated in the subject line. If I click quote, it just jumps down to the comment window at the bottom of the page, but doesn't insert any text. Can anyone duplicate and/or offer a hint for a fix?

Comments

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

try quotes version 1.6.6 that works for me with all editors

I am not sure why I have this version but it works

• DoyceTDoyceT Model Questioner ✭✭✭
    edited August 2014

I'm glad you have it, since 1.6.1 seems to be the latest version in the plugins directory.

And this one works!

(Though it is a bit buggy - it seems to be pulling the user thumbnail for the person doing the quoting, rather than the person quoted, and it seems as though it should leave the cursor outside the blockquote area, not inside it; this version is going to confuse my users to point of making it hard for most of them to use with the wysiwyg editor.)

Edit to add: and hitting quote seems to be 'eating' the display of all the previous posts until you post your new comment... and not in a good way.

That does not happen with my set up. It works as expected. It may be a theme thing?
    or another plugin or css

• K17K17 Français / French Paris, France ✭✭✭
    edited August 2014

The default thèmes and quote won't work in 2.1. But quote will work with another thème or in 2.1.1 (for me).

edited August 2014

That's unfortunate. @k17 do you know what's messing with quote in the default theme?

I'm using 2.1.1 and default.

In one of those terribly annoying "Turn it off and back on again" moments, I deleted Quotes, reuploaded 1.6.1, switched to another theme and then back to the default theme on 2.1.1... and now quotes seems to be working properly again.

Grr.

edited August 2014

(Also, Vrij: I really like your BetterBitter theme. I could see switching our forum to that in the future.)

I think this could be related to the default theme being a tpl. I much prefer working with php based themes because everything works with them. The BetterBitter theme, I converted BitterSweet to a php based theme. Even on mobile it works better in my opinion.

• K17K17 Français / French Paris, France ✭✭✭

@DoyceT said:
    That's unfortunate. k17 do you know what's messing with quote in the default theme?

I'm using 2.1.1 and default.

I dont know. Probably a system error.