Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

"Attach a file" link not displayed when editing a comment

DoyceTDoyceT Model Questioner ✭✭✭
edited August 2014 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Hi all,

Using 2.1.1 stable, version 1.8.2.1 of file upload, and default template.

If I start a new discussion, the attach a file link is there and works fine.
If I start a new comment, the attach a file link is there and works fine.
If I go back and edit a previously created discussion, the attach a file link is there and works fine.
If I go back and edit a previously created comment, the attach a file link is not there.

On our forum, commenters frequently have to attach files (usually Word documents with track changes/comments enabled with feedback on someone else's work), and if they write their comment, save it, and forgot to attach the file (it definitely happens), they can't correct the error - they can only make a new comment, which gets messy and spammy in short order.

What I'm looking for is where I would need tweak the addon to display the attach a file link when editing a previously created comment.

Comments

• thats a deficiency. As far as I can tell there is no easy way with edit comment, also difficult to attach anything to form view while editing comment without modifying core, or creating a plugin like the editor on this forum with file attachment. Lincoln said there would be a new editor like vanilla forums editors, when is the question.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• DoyceTDoyceT Model Questioner ✭✭✭

One more reason to look forward to getting access to the editor on this forum, sounds like. :)