Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

"Make Me Invisible" not saving

When you click "Make Me Invisible" then click Save, leave your profile, then come back - it's still unchecked.

Using 2.1.3 on the BitterSweet theme.

Thanks for any help!

Comments

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Are you invisible to other users?

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• lamentlament
    edited September 2014

No I'm being shown to guests. I should be showing up on http://forum.sadreminders.com right now.

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

I don't see anyone listed on the online now module on that page.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP
    edited September 2014

As far as I know, this plugin works as expected. You can make your self invisible in the user profile settings.
    Also as admin you can disallow people from having the option to not show effectively forcing them to show.

These are permissions that appear for the admin in the dashboard Roles and Permissions pane.

• @vrijvlinder‌ - yes I know I can make myself invisible, but it's not saving when I click "Save." I come back to the setting and it's unchecked, which to me means it's not working. Is that the expected behavior?

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

It saves for me ... If something is not saving it is not from this plugin that I know of. The behavior is as follows:

User logs in and appears on the list. User selects invisible and no longer shows on the list. Checkbox stays checked until changed manually again. If you log in as admin and have the view hidden users checked even if they selected to not be seen, the admin will see them no matter what. Anyone with the permission to view hidden people will be able to see them.

If you have checked view hidden and you select on your admin profile to be hidden, you will not be hidden to yourself.