Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Not working vanilla 2.1

KattKatt New
edited October 2014 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Dear @R_J!
Plugin is not working in my vanilla version 2.1
Already installed 'ImageUpload', 'Vanilla CKEditor' and Bootstrap Theme. I cant understand the reason.
I did all these steps:

"So you have to go to www.yourforum.com/dashboard/role and allow incognito posts for one or more roles in one or more categories.
You can also specify which user account to use. You can create a user such as "Ghostwriter", "Anonymous" or "Cyrano" or whatever you like and set the line $Configuration['Plugins']['Incognito']['UserID'] = '2'; accordingly in /conf/config.php (SystemUserID is used by default) "
So I want all users even guests to make comments in category "Unban"

But I still cant comment as a guest

Can you help me?

Comments

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

That's the way it should work. It should not allow unregistered guests to post, but only allow already registered users to hide their identity when they post. Therefore posting "incognito" ;)

• Oh, I see. Thank you for so quick reply!
    I ve looked through the forum and cant see anonymous for vanilla 2.1 :(

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited October 2014

moderator - title should be changed - since it "IS WORKING" exactly as specified in the description.

it just doesn't work the way someone wishes it did, which is not what the plugin does or implies.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• someone could write an anoymous plugin for 2.1 that would simply allow someone to login as
    a specific user "Anon user" (provide username and password) and present a captcha everytime) and (an optional anonymouse user name in form) for that userid attempts to add a discussion or comment. It wouldn't be any less spam - resistant than anonymouse.
    But would save registration.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.