Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Forum wide size body like this one on vanillaforums.org

Hello Guys,

I'm using default theme evertything is fine I like it template out of box, but there is a little problem I want to make as wide as on here.
What screw should i turn it?

Thanks as awlays
Lucas

Best Answer

• rasteronrasteron forum.rastercode.com ✭✭
    edited March 2015 Answer ✓

Try this Lucas, since you're using default theme, create a new file in the theme's /design folder named custom.css with the css code below or add these lines if you already have this file:

.Row {
    margin: 0 auto;
    width: 80%;
    max-width: 1200px;
    min-width: 940px;
    }

hope that helps.

Answers

• whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

In your custom.css you could try adding this:

#Body .ContentColumn {
        float: left;
        margin: 0;
        width: 100%;
    }

Adjust the width % to your preference.

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

Try the theme BetterBitter that resembles that about this forum.

• Sorry guys either both solutions does not working at least what i want to achive it.
    The discussion body is still as narrow as at default.
    Any thought?

Thanks anyway
    Lucas

• rasteronrasteron forum.rastercode.com ✭✭
    edited March 2015 Answer ✓

Try this Lucas, since you're using default theme, create a new file in the theme's /design folder named custom.css with the css code below or add these lines if you already have this file:

.Row {
    margin: 0 auto;
    width: 80%;
    max-width: 1200px;
    min-width: 940px;
    }

hope that helps.

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

Don't add or change files in directories that you haven't created by yourself!
    I guess the /conf folder is the only exception to this.

Although it is the fastest way to achieve anything, you will regret it almost always later on, when updating.

1. Create your own theme by copying the default folder and give it its own name.
    2. Change the content of the /themes/YourTheme/about.php accordingly.
    3. If you want to, change/delete README, screenshot and /design/favicon, but that's not needed.

This takes you 5 minutes more than polluting the core directories, but it can save you hours of time later on.

I have to admit that this might not be the case for adding a custom.css to default theme, but its a question of how to help people customizing Vanilla. Help them to help themselves, not show them how to get themselves in trouble.