Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Wordpress Embed Social login redirect problem.

So, when a user login to vanilla to comment to a blog post using their username and password, it's fine but if they use a social login, it will open a new tab, log them in and redirect them to the forum and leave the post tab stay at the login form. Anyway the user can be redirect back to that post within the same tab for a seamless log in and commenting process ?

Comments

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Are you running embedded?

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• @hgtonight said:
    Are you running embedded?

I was originally but after so much problem, I decided to only embed the comment. So now it's kinda different. I'll describe the problem more thoroughly.

• GogitoGogito New
    edited June 2015

here's how the social login process works

Here it opens in a new tab

And load the comment in that tab

But the original tab stays like this

It should open in that very same tab and then reload the page with the user logged in right ?

Simple fix would be to disable the popup on the sign-in form. The not so easy fix would be to change the target on the social sign in buttons.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• @hgtonight said:
    Simple fix would be to disable the popup on the sign-in form. The not so easy fix would be to change the target on the social sign in buttons.

Where would users be able to sign in without the popup ? And how to work with the not so easy fix ?

Easy fix first: add $Configuration['Garden']['SignIn']['Popup'] = FALSE; to /conf/config.php.

Search first

• @hgtonight said:
    Easy fix first: add $Configuration['Garden']['SignIn']['Popup'] = FALSE; to /conf/config.php.

I can't test this out at the moment but can you tell me what does it do ? Since I still dont undersrand how users eill be able to sign in without the popup

• @hgtonight said:

I just tested it, it's close but we still have this, still need it to redirect back to the original page

• I was thinking of telling the forum to redirect any page with similar url like the one above to the format of www.mmo4teen.com/the url part behind, will that work ?

@Gogito said:
    I was thinking of telling the forum to redirect any page with similar url like the one above to the format of www.mmo4teen.com/the url part behind, will that work ?

Try and see.

Search first

• GogitoGogito New
    edited June 2015

@hgtonight said:
    Try and see.

That was just a thought, actually I didn't know how to do it =) Can you give me some suggestions?

I think you need to change the target of the link to open in the same window. I am not sure as I don't use these plugins.

Anyone else use them?

Search first

• @hgtonight said:
    I think you need to change the target of the link to open in the same window. I am not sure as I don't use these plugins.

Anyone else use them?

It's opening in the same windows but the thing is it only load the comment form after that, it'd be better if it loads the original page with the user logged in.