Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Hide/Ignore user

edited February 2006 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
In playing with my own install, I got excited by the idea of just hiding a comment/discussion without deleting it from the DB. Then I signed in with a regular user account and to my dismay this wonderful feature was gone. How hard would it be to enable the Hide feature on a user-level instead of globally as the admin? And for that matter, how hard would it be to let users Ignore (hide) all comments made by other members of their choosing? IE: flamer attacks user, instead of just douchebagging the flamer and hoping the user doesn't abandon the forum, they could simply ignore any and all comments from the flamer.

Comments

• Options
    lechlech Chicagoland
    To do what you want there, you would have to grant that user an admin access role, and that's not something that should be given to all users. On the other hand, hiding a comment/discussion on a per user basis isn't too bad of an idea.
  • Options
    +1 for hiding a comment/discussion on a per user basis
  • Options
    lechlech Chicagoland
    However, this would come with a drawback, which would be populating a db table with all this info which would probably slow things down a bit.
This discussion has been closed.