Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Undelete discussion

rbrahmsonrbrahmson "You may say I'm a dreamer / But I'm not the only one"NY ✭✭✭

We're again evaluating Vanilla for a closed group forum. The question of how to undelete a deleted discussion came up. Yes, we know about the prompt, responsibility, etc. But real life is what it is, so how does the administrator undeletes a discussion that was mistakenly deleted?

Best Answers

Answers

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator
    Answer ✓

Assuming the deletion was through the model, you should be able to restore from the changelog in the dashboard.

You can access it via https://forums.example.com/dashboard/log/edits

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options
    rbrahmsonrbrahmson "You may say I'm a dreamer / But I'm not the only one" NY ✭✭✭
    edited June 2015

@hgtonight said:
    Assuming the deletion was through the model, you should be able to restore from the changelog in the dashboard.

You can access it via https://forums.example.com/dashboard/log/edits

Thank you @hgtonight ! That is very helpful.

Alas, I just realized how crowded is the log... Is there a filter function for the log so I could find the entry to be recovered?

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator
    Answer ✓

@rbrahmson not currently. The model is nice enough to be able to create something via an addon.

Definitely an opportunity to improve the UX for admins here.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options
    rbrahmsonrbrahmson "You may say I'm a dreamer / But I'm not the only one" NY ✭✭✭
    edited June 2015

@hgtonight said:
    @rbrahmson not currently. The model is nice enough to be able to create something via an addon. Definitely an opportunity to improve the UX for admins here.

Well, let's hope someone raises the glove =)