Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

setting up vanilla again

i am using vanilla 0.9.2 and i keep getting this error Not Found The requested URL /vanilla/installer.php was not found on this server. What am i doing wrong?

Comments

• this begs the question: does the file actually exist? and are all it's permissions right? Assuming thats a stock 404 error then it's nothing to do with vanilla. yet.
  • ok what should the perms be?
  • try 644 all round.
  • on all the files?
  • that did not work.
  • if it's not found on the server, that means it's not on the server. like minisweeper said, this has nothing to do with vanilla. the file isn't there.
  • ok the files are on the server and have rwx permissions, but its saying its not found, i'm not sure what to do at this point.
  • also i'm on apache2
  • MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    edited March 2006
    Are you sure you're looking in the right place?
    Can you create a phpinfo.php file in the same directory as the installer and view that in your browser?
    Does it show as a 404 or does it display properly?
  • there might be something i'm not telling you which is i forgot i changed the default directory to /var/www/somedir casue the website wasn't stored in the main dir of the webserver. so it is changed to /var/www/somedir if there is a way to do a redirect and switch it back in apache2 i will do it. but what i do in the meantime. the usual default dir is /var/www -> /var/www/apache2-default is the redirect. I'm on Debian Stable
  • ok now i'm getting this, i moved the vanilla dir to /var/www/homepage/vanilla and i get this: Warning: main(library/Utility.Functions.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /var/www/waterdrunks/vanilla/installer.php on line 7
  • MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    PHP doesn't have the permissions required to install vanilla on your server. http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&q=%22failed+to+open+stream%3A+Permission+denied%22+php&btnG=Google+Search&meta=
  • I guess I don't understand...do the need to be owned by root?
  • An error occurred while we were attempting to create the database tables. Mysql reported the following error: Access denied for user: 'waterdrunks@localhost' to database 'waterdrunks' what do i need to do fix thsi problem. BTW, the problem b4 is that vanilla got hosed up after trying to configure it so many times.
  • You need to make sure that database user has sufficient usage permissions for that database. I usually just grant all of them.
  • Ok, so what command do you use in MySQL? GRANT ALL ON database.* to user ; ???
  • Dont you have some sort of mysql manager? Makes life much easier. Otherwise that looks something about right.
  • Yeah holy crap, installing PHPMyAdmin is one of the first things I do...
  • I guess i could use phpmyadmin, but how do i add the root account to alolow from everwhere?
This discussion has been closed.