Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Q&A: Changing a Discussion into a Question won't show it in Unanswered list.

After changing a regular Discussion into a Question using the drop down menu for the discussion options, the discussion won't show in the list of Unanswered questions accessible from the side panel. It will only appear there after someone comments on the question.

Steps to reproduce:
Create new regular discussion.
From the discussion options dropdown for the newly created discussion, select the "Q&A..." option.
In the options popup, choose "Question" and click "OK" button.
The discussion is now a Question, but it doesn't show in the list of Unanswered questions.
Now, post a comment on the same question.
The discussion will now correctly appear in the list of Unanswered questions.

I'm using Vanilla 2.1.11 and Q&A 1.2.2.

Comments

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Can you verify this is the same in the latest version?

https://github.com/vanilla/addons/tree/master/plugins/QnA

Looks like that repo is at 1.2.4

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• ozonorojoozonorojo
    edited June 2015

I have just tested it with version 1.2.4 of the plugin from GitHub as you suggested. The problem still persists.

My previous report was slightly inaccurate. The Discussion turned into Question will only get accounted for and displayed in the unanswered questions list after someone comments on it AND the original poster acts on the comment by accepting or rejecting it as an answer, clicking either the Yes or No links.
    It won't show when clicking No (obviously), but it gets aknowledged as a question, so if the answer is later revoked as valid, the question will show up correctly as unanswered.

My probably clueless interpretation of the issue: When changing the discussion into a question there is one step that gets skipped, so the new question isn't accounted for. When a reply is either accepted or rejected, this skipped step is triggered and the question finally gets accounted for.

By the way, regardless of any bugs, this is one of the most useful Vanilla plugins.