Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Open source Vanilla options

Hello guys, I'm kind of new here.

First, does open-source Vanilla support "customize HTML" option in Appearance? How come it doesn't exist in my dashboard?

Second, in the categories editing section I don't have "Best Of" as an option for category listing.

Comments

• Options
    whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

@Seroujr

Welcome to the community.

Vanilla hosted forums have proprietary options not available in the open source version (for obvious reasons.)

The open source version can be customised to your heart's content, but not via the dashboard (except for adding css rules, which you can do via the CSSEdit plugin: http://vanillaforums.org/addon/cssedit-plugin.

If you describe what 'Best of' does, it may be that there is an open source plugin that does something similar.

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

@Seroujr said:

Second, in the categories editing section I don't have "Best Of" as an option for category listing.

Check out Yaga for this: http://vanillaforums.org/addon/yaga-application

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options
    SeroujrSeroujr New
    edited September 2015

Thank you i'm on it!

One more thing though, i'm uploading a random banner logo to check the sizing, the banner borders are not expanding as the logo gets bigger - can anyone help me walk through this?
    Screenshot example (it is the same even with smaller logos):

Edit: I'm using the latest version for Open source Vanilla with Bootstrap theme.