HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Problem related terms of service

I Have totally build-ed the forum with help of vanilla open source software.Now i want to launch it.The problem here is that i don't understand is it really totally free,or is there some hidden terms of service and any of the thing i am missing which would later give me a problem.

Comments

• Options
    R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

No hidden fees anywhere.
    Go for it!

• Options
    K17K17 Français / French Paris, France ✭✭✭

@xmaxdude Vanilla Open Source is totally free, and the addons here are free. It have another version of Vanilla, vanillaforums.com who are the hosted service of Vanilla (paid). They have another version of Vanilla.
    This forum is only for Open Source Vanilla, and they are free.
    (I'm sorry if you don't understand, I don't speak english correctly)

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited October 2015

@K17 said:
    xmaxdude Vanilla Open Source is totally free,

TRUE

and the addons here are free.

currently existing addons here http://vanillaforums.org/addons are free for download.

BUT

• you have to read the license to determine the limits of use.
    • and some plugins may hook into a service that has a fee. you have to read the description of the add-on in the add-on section, the readme and the licensing.

It have another version of Vanilla, vanillaforums.com who are the hosted >service of Vanilla (paid). They have another version of Vanilla.
    This forum is only for Open Source Vanilla, and they are free.
    (I'm sorry if you don't understand, I don't speak english correctly)

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options
    K17K17 Français / French Paris, France ✭✭✭

@peregrine said:

@Kube17 said: and the addons here are free.

for download.

Indeed, sorry for the confusion.

• Options

i have made some customization for forums using vanilla.so am i applicable for any hidden fee from your side for the customization that i have made??
    i would even like to know under which type of license does vanilla forums falls under

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited October 2015

welcome new member. you really should read the documentation and the License.txt information in the Vanilla download and your questions will be answered regarding the vanilla core download.

If you do not read the info that is provided in downloads or descriptions and cocumentation of software you will always be at a disadvantage.

Sometimes re-reading the answers provided a few times helps. A lawyer can help as well if after reading you don't understand.

reading the documentation that comes with the download is always helpful.

Asking the same question over - sounds like trolling to me.

http://docs.vanillaforums.com

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/30966/vanilla-2-1-12-released-security-update

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.