Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Profile Extender, Searchable?

PFAFFPFAFF
edited October 2015 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

I'm using 2.1, but this is probably applicable to 2.2.

Is there a way to set data entered into the profile fields to be clickable search items that sorts through all users with that entry without extensive coding? For example, if I have a profile field that is "Interests" and someone types, "Fishing, Hunting" another user could click on Fishing and display all users who have that interest?

Had this functionality with a Wordpress profile field plugin, but trying to transition to using the Vanilla Profiles exclusively.

Comments

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Nothing I know of provides that out of the box. You want to have field tags, essentially?

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options

Yes! That's a good way to put it. But, associated with profiles instead of discussions.