Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Manually assigning rank

I'm fairly new to Vanilla and I've installed the YAGA plugin in along with others. I understand the ranking system has automatic features but how can I assign ranks manually such as admin or moderator? I can't work it out. It must be possible, when you visit the ranks list on the forum itself under administrator it even says "This rank is given out manually" so I must be missing something.

Comments

• You need to add permissions to your account. Make sure the admin user (the one you are trying to give the rank with) has Add permission checked for ranks on the yaga permissions table.

• JamieMJamieM UK New

@Spacing my administrator permissions include the add permission for YAGA. Admins have everything ticked for everything :/

• JamieMJamieM UK New

Ok, I've worked it out. Turns out you have to edit a persons rank in the forum itself and not through the dashboard. Now I feel like an idiot haha

Thanks for the help though :)