Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Borrow your feed

edited March 2006 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Hi. If its all the same to the Vanilla Team, I'm going to borrow the feed from this site and post it into a WIP site for about 4 hours while I do some testing. Is that ok? I ask because feed theives suck.

Comments

• Oh, and finally.... Would I be wise to hold off on creating the sites Vanilla theme for a few more days till the 1.0 release? I have no idea how much will be changing (that effects the styles), so maybe someone could clue me in? :)
  • Yeah, dont make a theme till you have v1 (you can grab the beta version off the SVN if you wanted to start right away, i'm fairly sure it's *much* closer to v1 than 0.9.2.x is even if its not all the way there) As for borrowing the feed i guess that's marks call. It makes no odds to me. Nice to ask though.
  • MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    Are you going to be hammerring the feed? I don't really mind as long as it doesn't adversely affect this site's performance. And mini is right, I'd hold off for version 1.
  • Spiffy. Thanks. I just needed a feed to test for matting and layout for the front page of a site. Once finished it will be using its own latest posts feed, so I wanted to use a feed from Vanilla for the sake of continuity. Oh, one other thing. I'm expecting to implement 2 versions of the CSS, a light and a dark. Is theme selection planned for 1.0 or should I start looking into switching via javascript?
  • MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    css switching is in both the unreleased and the released version. Theme (aka templates) switching will be an extension in version 1.
  • Well sweet pandas, how cool is that! Thanks for all your help, I'm going to start figuring out how to make the css selection carry across the satic site and the forums. Yikes. Thanks guys!
  • LOL @ "Vanilla Team"
  • I dont see the funny side? I happen to enjoy dressing up as a cheerleader and standing round while mark programs? So what?
  • MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    Hahaha - are you kidding? You guys work just as hard as me supporting vanilla newbies with their problems. I don't know what I'd do without you.
  • Fine fine, not 'team', but rather 'the group of people supporting thier fearless leader Mark as he trudges across the mountainous peaks of global forum domination'. Better?
  • MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    Uhhh. I'm not comfortable up on this high horse. Can someone help me down?
  • it horse hunting season. :-D (add smileys to the list!)
  • http://lussumo.com/community/discussion/1689/transmogrifier-extension-093-only/
This discussion has been closed.