Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

So, are the 0.9.2 styles going to be compatible with 1.0?

KBPKBP
edited March 2006 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
... Or do i have to revamp a new version of the standard Vanilla theme, again? Can't... Can't wait... Must... Must have... 1.0.... *sigh*

Comments

• MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    I was originally going to keep the xhtml and css exactly the same, but there were an overwhelming number of requests for revised xhtml and css, so I've redone everything under the hood. The simple answer is that you will need to redo it when you upgrade, or accept the default style that comes with it.
  • Makes me happy I didn't spend too much time customizing (default theme with *slightly* modified CSS, a different header, footer, etc. I think I'm going to stay up really late one night to do the upgrade when no one's on the site, because it will probably take a while to get it back.
  • lechlech Chicagoland
    From what I can tell so far, a majority of the styles appear to be named the same, however the only major difference is the xhtml which will likely be the breaking point of any existing theme. So it only makes sense that anyone who has made a style will likely need to rebuild it or at least heavily tweak it.
  • edited March 2006
    Freedman - why not just save a copy of these vanilla forums (control-s) when they're upgraded to 1.0, and then modify the CSS locally until you're happy, then upload it. That way you won't have to keep uploading and worry about breaking the forums etc.
  • lechlech Chicagoland
    might be better off using the /vanilladev forum for that, then working on a linked custom style and tweaking it as you go.
This discussion has been closed.